Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Pleasure Reading!

Now today I want to talk an issue where most of students have problems with. Reading! I mean reading something beneficial! Why students are so lazy to read? Especially English written materials. And they complain on how their vocabulary is limited and how they do not know how to construct a long and interesting sentences.

So, today I have a few recommendations for you lazy bones.
"Diary of a Wimpy Kid".
Have you ever heard of the book? It's a graphic novel written by Jeff Kinney which is very interesting.



It is about Gregory "Greg" Heffley and his middle school life. It surely will fit anyone from young kids to adults as they sentence structure used was really easy, simple, yet very intereting and it makes you eager to read more. And with all the pictures, it will surely lure reader's interest from all ages.

It comes with another three sequels for those who just can't get enough of this book. "Rodrick Rules", "The Last Straw" and "Dog Days".






So for my students who are about to start their interest in reading I suggest you these books as starters.
It's really good in improving your vocabulary and of course to nurture you skills in making incredibly interesting sentences for your essay. So happy reading!
And oh yeah, don't just read like that, read it using your heart!




p/s: and oh yeah before I sign out, for those who are interested, you guys can contact me. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" is one of my favorite novel...and i'm happy to see it hear...to tell u the truth i gain a lot from ur blog....

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha my fav too!haha
    tanx tanx..i really hope people will actually gain something from my blog..tanx ^^.

    ReplyDelete